The following is a list of other resources available to the community in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy.
General Emergency Management
- The New Jersey Office of Emergency Management has set up a webpage specifically for Hurricane Sandy Recovery – http://www.state.nj.us/njoem/programs/sandy_recovery.html.
- Atlantic County has updated its website with Hurricane Sandy Recovery information – http://www.aclink.org/.
- Monmouth County has created a webpage with Hurricane-related information, including election updates, housing information and donation drop off locations and needs: http://www.visitmonmouth.com/page.aspx?ID=3175.
- The American Red Cross has an interactive map with Red Cross Shelter information at http://app.redcross.org/nss-app/.
- Monmouth County has posted a list of reception centers in the County at http://co.monmouth.nj.us/page.aspx?ID=3928&mode=1.
- Ocean County Emergency Management Information has posted the status of shelters in the County for displaced individuals at http://www.co.ocean.nj.us/EMMgmt/Main.aspx.
Gas Station Maps
- Mappler has created a Gas Station Map at the following link: http://www.mappler.net/gasstation. The map is being used by the United States Department of Energy to provide information to the public regarding the status of gas stations in the areas affected by Hurricane Sandy.
- Google Crisis Map – http://google.org/crisismap/2012-sandy-nyc – also provides information regarding the status of gas stations in Manhattan area.
- There is also a Facebook Group that is tracking gas station status – http://www.facebook.com/groups/findgasstations.
- Updated list of open New Jersey supermarkets: Hurricane Sandy Aftermath NJ Open Food Stores
- List of open Shoprites: Hurricane Sandy Aftermath OpenShopRiteStores 11-1-12
- Open supermarkets as of 10/31: Hurricane Sandy Aftermath Roll Call – Open Stores